When to use LAN Search
- If One-Touch setup was unsuccessful
- Adding dbell HD live to a secondary device, eg., 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th smartphone etc.
LAN Search setup video and Slide show
Before you run LAN setup,
- To use LAN search setup for additional device after successful completion of One-Touch setup, dbell doesn’t need to be connected to your router by an Ethernet cable
- If One-Touch setup fails, connect dbell Live to Router/switch by an Ethernet Cable and then power up dbell
- Smartphone/tablet is connected to the same network as your dbell using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band NOT 5GHz
LAN Search Setup: step by step
If you experience any problems, please contact us for further support.
If setup is unsuccessful:
- Your Wi-Fi password is not more than 16 characters
- If you are using MAC filtering, dbell MAC address is added to your list
- Your network DNS is defined, not blank. For example, DNS is not 0.0.0.0
Please also check the following:
- IPv4 Default Gateway and IPv4 DNS server address is the same.
- For example, if your Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1 DNS server is also 192.168.1.1
- If you have ISP provided DNS which is different than your Default Gateway, if possible make it same as default gateway and use the ISP DNS entry for DNS2