- Power-up dbell using supplied adapter or
- Using supplied USB cable to your phone’s USB charger
Download dbell x2 app for smartphone/tablet
- For Android download:
- For iOS download:
Launch dbell app
- Follow on-screen setup wizard
- If you need help, watch setup and installation video
Test your dbell from app
- Once setup is complete, test your dbell from app
- Note: if dbell and your phone is close, there will be feedback noise. For test, your phone should be 3-4m/10-12ft away from dbell
Test indoorbell ringtones
- Plug-in dbell indoorbell to a power outlet
- Push dbell call button. Your phone and indoorbell should ring.
- If you want to change the ringtones on the ringer, search for “pair” on our knowledge base.
- Once you are happy with the setup, power-off dbell by disconnecting power to it.
- Turn off power at the Fuse or Breaker panel
- Uninstall your current doorbell push button
- Insert 2 disconnected wires from doorbell into the dbell connectors. Pull them lightly to test they are secure.
- Locate old indoorbell which used to ring before dbell.
- Open the old indoorbell’s cover unit by gently pulling outward
- Disconnect wire labelled “T” (Trans) and “F” (Front)
- Twist the ends of T & F together with wire nuts.
- Turn ON the breaker panel
- It will take approx. 1 min. for dbell to start operating.
- Push dbell call button. Your smartphone/Tablet and dbell indoorbell should ring.
- If app doesn’t ring, check wifi signal strength. Search for “signal strength” in dbell knowledge base.
Congratulations – you have completed your setup and installation successfully!