1. Important Safety Instructions
Your smart Wi-Fi video doorbell is a electronic device and care should be taken when using this low voltage electronic device. The following basic safety precautions should be taken into consideration when operating and installing this doorbell:
1. Read all instructions before using this Network Appliance
2. DO NOT attempt to install dbell in wet conditions
3. Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with the installation instructions.
4. DO NOT cover or block any openings on this appliance
5. DO NOT submerge this product under water
6. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described
7. DO NOT use corrosive chemicals in this appliance
8. DO NOT operate this appliance if it has been damaged
9. Keep this appliance away from heated surfaces
10. This appliance should only be serviced by dbell or its affiliates
11. DO NOT try to open the Network appliance. There are no serviceable parts inside.
12. DO NOT hit or strike the Wi-Fi doorbell with force
13. dbell can only be connected to a low Voltage transformer – 12~24VAC or to an AC/DC adapter 12VDC, 1.0 A
14. DO NOT connect to High Voltage AC, this is a low voltage device.
Please read these instructions carefully before installing dbell.
If you need a copy of the instructions or if you need to print Large Size Font, please call or email us at email@example.com
2.1 Physical Description
Front view Back View
3. Shipment Checklist
- One (1) Wi-Fi Smart doorbell ;
- One (1) RF Bell, Indoor Chime;
- One (1) LAN Interface RJ45 Connector;
- One (1) Relay Interface;
- One (1) Power Input Cable;
- One (1) 12VDC Adapter for Indoor use only;
- 2 Pairs (4) Wire Crimps; One (1) Screw Driver;
- Set of plug & Screws;
- One (1) Mounting Brackets;
- One (1) Low profile Bracket;
- One (1) User Guide English;
- One (1) User Guide French;
Before you begin the installation process, we recommend you perform a power on self-test, to do so:
Step 1: Connect the dbell power cable to the included 12VDC adapter and plug into the wall outlet
Step 2: Wait for the doorbell to power up and greet you
Step 3: Configure the doorbell using the instructions provided under Sec. 6.
If everything works as per the instructions, continue on with the installation.
For any issues, kindly give customer support a call, or visit support.dbell.ca and search for installation
dbell Wi-Fi smart video doorbell installation is a 3 step process:
Step-1: Remove existing doorbell
Step-2: Connect power and install the doorbell
Step-3: Complete install by pairing with smartphone/Tablet app.
Tools required: Power Drill or Screw Driver, Wire Strippers, Pliers
Information you will need: Your Wi-Fi SSID Name and Password
1. Remove existing Doorbell
2.Check the power supply of the old doorbell using a Multimeter. Old doorbell power supply range should be between 12VAC~24VAC.
3. Place the rear mounting bracket against the wall with the old doorbell wire protruding through the large middle hole. Mark 4 mounting screw holes with a pen or a sharp punch tool. (If mounting on a masonry wall, use a masonry drill bit to pre-drill and install anchor plugs that have been supplied.)
4. Use the screws to fasten the rear bracket to the wall.
5. Connect the wires to the dbell as shown in the wiring diagram.
6. Screw the small locking screw enough to engage into the bottom of the doorbell.
7. Insert the dbell into the bracket on the wall, top end first, or from above.
8. Tighten the bottom locking screw the remaining distance to secure the dbell in place. 12VDC Adapter
5.1 Doorbell Low voltage Power Connection
To use the included Adapter, Follow the diagram Power Option 2
To use the 12~24VAC power from existing doorbell, Follow the diagram Power Option 1.
There is No Polarity for the low voltage AC power connection.
5.2 Power On
Once the power is applied dbell will start the booting process. You will notice the ring around the call button will turn Blue and the IR LEDs may be visible. Wait until you hear the announcement, “Welcome to Smart Home”. dbell booting process is now complete and you can start the configuration process.
CAUTION: Do not power the dbell using existing doorbell power until you know or verify they are between 12~24VAC. Use a Multimeter to verify.
5.3 Power Supply Using Existing Doorbell Power with Chime
When hooking up the new dbell replacing existing Hardwired doorbell knob be sure to test the voltage at the doorbell wires prior to installing the unit.
5.4 Power Supply Using Supplied AC/DC adapter
6.1 Pairing dbell AC Plug-in Indoor Chime
- Please select the favorite Chime before pairing
- Press and hold volume button for 5 seconds or until you hear a dong from Chime with LED flashing – Release
- Keep pressing dbell button 1-2 times until you hear chime rings ( Pairing time is only 5 seconds )
If pairing fails, please repeat, as 5 seconds is very less time, please do it as quickly as you can and we recommend keeping both device next to each other.
Press the ‘Call’ button to test. If dbell chime is paired it will play your fav ringtone. If it is not paired you will not hear anything. Repeat the process until it is paired.
Pairing dbell with Battery operated Indoor Chime
1. Press and hold the RF Bell Volume button
2. Simultaneously press the doorbell Call button 3-4 times
3. The doorbell will pair with the Indoor Chime.
4. Press the ‘Call’ button to test.
6.2 Download and Install the App
Download and install the “dbell” App from Apple® App store or Google® Play store to your iOS® or Android® devices. When running the iOS® app for the first time, make sure to allow Push Notification permission in iOS® devices order to receive the calls from the doorbell